Short-Term Volunteers (for Disaster Relief)
Emergency Management is developing a way to manage volunteers during or following a major disaster. The plan outlines the way in which the Volunteer Reception Center carries out its primary disaster function, which is to coordinate the deployment of emergency volunteers for disaster response and recovery. Volunteer Services also attempts to recruit citizens willing to devote their time and talents to assist Emergency Management in outreach programs and general office duties.
If you are willing to volunteer during a major disaster, please fill out the online Volunteer Form.
- Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Service (R.A.C.E.S. Member)
- Allegan County Citizen Corps
- Office Support / Data Entry - Job Description
- Public Alert System - Job Description
To serve as a long-term volunteer, complete and submit the Volunteer Application .
- County Amateur Radio
- County Search and Rescue
- County CERT (269-767-TEAM)
- County Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Services
For more details on local programs, contact: